Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thriftstores and Spraypaint = Makeover

People think I'm crazy, but I LOVE shopping at the second-hand store.
You never know what you're going to find there, and you can't go expecting to find a certain treasure, you just have to go with your eyes open to possibilities.
Other people's trash has the potential to be your great treasure, you just never know.

I'm redecorating my office. I'm bored.
I had such great hopes for my office while it was being built... I knew that I would make it look awesome, and that just never happened.
I've been in my office for a year, and it's time to do something neat with it.
I'll post more pictures when it's finished, but I'll start with a picture of this bench I got at a second-hand store (it was an end table in its past life....)

A little spray paint, some fabric and my mad sewing skills and it's transformed!
Everything I've gotten for my office makeover except fabric has been recycled in some way, either from the DI, a garage sale or eBay.

More to come soon!

1 comment:

Valerie L. Bond said...

That looks awesome in black! So modern!