Monday, July 27, 2009

Knitting project insanity


When Laura told me that she had a 'project' for us, I was pretty leery... as well I should have been.

I went to visit her last Wednesday at the Needle Point Joint and go to lunch at Tona.

She announced that she had a project for us to do together, and pulled out the pattern for this hoodie.
<----------------

It's really neat, but I've never done anything that time intensive. I usually stick to projects that I know I can have done fairly quickly and I hardly ever use patterns. I just like to make them up.
The last thing I did from a pattern was a sweater for Hadlee... it turned out really good, but it was pretty frustrating sometimes.

After I reluctantly agreed to knit this with Laura or "got yarn shoved down my throat" as Laura says - we got together on Sunday to start.
After beginning the intricate cable pattern, I only had to undo my first couple rows about 4 times until I got it right. It seems to be going a lot faster now, but fast = about an inch and a half every hour on the back section. :(
It's certainly challenging, but I think I'll like it when I'm done.

At this rate, you'll all be able to see me in my new hoodie for the Fall 2012 Season ;)

1 comment:

lifeinutah said...

I didn't know you knit! I've always wanted to learn. I can crochet, but I think that's posed a hinderance to learning to knit. You better post your progress. I want to see this when it's done!