Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THIS IS THE PLACE. I'm not entirely on board with that.



My Thursday evening was spent surrounded by 4500 amazing people who feel the exact same way I do.
We all wore black, and we all layed on Salt Lake City concrete.
We all knew why we were there, and so did everyone else.

I'm not going to go into the subject because:
a) I'm sure you are all fully aware how I feel
b) I'm tired.

I'm so tired of hearing self-righteous comments, blind agreement and patronizing dialogue.  This past week has been increasingly difficult to picture my future life in Utah.  I'm more angry, hurt and bewildered than ever before with the people I'm surrounded by.

 James & Leah


 Me & Guy


On the opposite end of the emotional spectrum, I've never felt more proud of my family.
If these people who claim to be so centered on "family values" shared half the love, respect, support and happiness that my family did, they'd know they are wrong about so much.

I thank my parents for the incredible gift of being open minded enough to always see the bigger picture :)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm curious...did you guys get cussed at?

erin said...

Nope. It was super peaceful :)