Friday, December 3, 2010

F is for.......

FRIDAY from hell.
HO. LY. BALLS. It has been the longest day ever. My phone just tried to make me say he'll instead of hell. No, iPhone. Get with the program.
Today started out like any other Friday. My job involves different tasks every day of the week, but the same tasks coincide with the same days of the week. Get it? Me either. Moving right along.
I knew what my job was supposed to entail today, what I did not know was how secretly, a little corporate graphic artist Nazi was about to ruin my life.
Long story short, I opened my work today to find out that (insert chain store here) had switched design programs and neglected to warn me. Typically new things aren't too bad, but when you throw Deadlines in with them, they can prove to be quite unpleasant.
Fast forward 11 icky hours later that may or may not have included sobbing like a little bitch to a male coworker about my dilemma.....which by the way, is super uncool. It kindof reminds men that women ARE just silly little pathetic creatures that can't handle the workplace and should just go back to their kitchens and spew children out and vacuum stuff.
Anyway. 11 hours later, I am in the fetal position on my couch, and I'm pretty sure I'm going blind.
Good news though. In the end, I WIN. I did not come home to wax floors and can apricots, I kicked that ad's ass.


And now I shall drink beer.

1 comment:

grburbank said...

I understand long, hellish days. Alcohol is often required. Also, going blind is one of my worst fears.