Friday, March 13, 2009

Broken rules...

Let's be clear that I'm not a picky person.
I do, however, have some simple life rules by which I follow.

Never trust a skinny cook.
Never trust a tattoo artist with no tattoos.
Never trust a hair dresser with sub-par hair.

I broke this last rule this morning.

I like to go to Wal-Mart to get hair cuts. I know a lot of girls would shriek at the thought of that, but I like NOT having to make an appointment, NOT having a relationship with a hairdresser, getting in, out, and on my way. ( oh, and only paying $14.95 ;)

I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get my hair cut. The only girl available was a 40-something-year old with (I swear to god) 6 inch bangs done in a single giant barrel roll. I do not need to describe her beyond this point.

The thought occurred to me that she thought MY hair was weird when she grabbed the short pieces of hair on top of my head and said "what happened here?" *sigh*
"They're my spikes...." lol

Anyway, the moral of the story is that she did my haircut, didn't screw it up, didn't feel the need to chat-chit about useless things and didn't try make friends for the 10 minutes I would be in there. Exactly what I want in a hair girl.

Maybe she likes her perfectly coiffed plethora of bangs? Maybe she thinks she looks great. I guess, in the end, that's all that matters, is that YOU think you look great.

Maybe I'll cross that last rule off my list?

No comments: