Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Green Machine

In a moment of insanity, I asked Erica if she'd talk to her boss at the B&B (our local bar) and see if she'd be willing to get her bartenders to save glass beer bottles every day, instead of throwing them away.
She agreed. Which made me really happy, and also made me realize what a lunatic I am. Honestly though, the thought of them throwing all those bottles away made me crazy!
Brigham City does have Cardboard, Paper, Plastic and Aluminum bins for recycling, but there are few places in Utah that support Glass Recycling.
The closest to Brigham City is Utah State University.
Me and Manuel made our first big trip with 'bar bottles' to Logan on Tuesday.


SIX HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT bottles!!!!
The 'Green Machine' (my Toyota) was fully loaded and ready to go!


Going to pick up bottles at the bar two or three
times a week, then taking them the be dumped
is a pretty big chore, but I feel good about it,
so that's all that matters, right?! :)


1 comment:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesat subiectul postat de tine, m-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazu am sa mai revin cu siguranta.
O zi buna!