Monday, December 7, 2009

The death of my soulmate(s).

Yesterday I said goodbye to some good friends. Granted, we hadn't connected for the past couple years, it was still hard. Even when you know the time is coming, and denial sets in, it's still hard.

Our relationship started about 8 years ago. We met through our mutual friend, Erica. She convinced me that we'd be great together. I had my reservations, but finally gave in. We spent many happy years together and fond memories. They were always there for me, and swore that their mere presence made my ass look smaller.

We hadn't gotten together for quite a while because of the extent of my friend's deterioration. Every time I saw them, I knew the time was drawing near, but refused to accept it.

Last night was the end.  I put a plastic bag over them and drew it tight.


I put their lifeless bodies in the garbage can and had a moment of silence.





You will be missed, best shoes EVER, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Brein said...

What did you do in those shoes? Fight in a war?

* said...

It was a war of fashion, passion and feminism. A war and overall battle, won. I bid you adieu, Mia clogs.