Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I think I'm going Japanese

Japanese words I know.

Konnichiwa: Hello. Everyone knows this word, as well as

Kamikaze: "divine wind", suicide airplane pilots.

Murasaki: Purple. I know this word because it's what James named one of our family's cats after he returned from Tokyo.

Sushi: Vinegar rice, usually topped with other ingredients, such as fish. I know this word because it is delicious.

Karaoke: Singing to a song with no vocal track. I know this word because it is both terrifying and necessary. Terrifying because I cannot sing. Necessary because it's how Manuel makes extra money.

Manny was the Karaoke Jockey at a bar in town that closed a couple years ago and he hasn't really used his equipment since then.
With money being tight lately, he started talking to the owner of the B&B who expressed interest in trying it.
Last weekend was our first Karaoke job at B&B.

Look who showed up to the party and had the same outfit idea I did that night :)
Proof we were separated at birth.

Jess, Me, Erica


Sean was really great! Who knew?!

Karaoke Duet


Serenading me: Dance Dance Dance
Oh, but this wasn't the only serenade of the night.....


I was talking to Erica when her eyes got HUGE. I turned around to see this dude leaning on the back of my chair giving his rendition of a certain Bloodhound Gang song.... Holy embarrassing. Never turn your back on karaoke singers, it's dangerous.

We went to McDonald's for Sunday dinner again, but this time when I asked if we were ordering off the dollar menu, Manny said "No, you get whatever you want."
Wahoo! The best part of a karaoke gig? Having a couple bucks to take your sweetheart on a NON dollar menu date to McDonald's :)

Domo Arigato to everyone who came out and made it a great night, we'll be back on Halloween!

4 comments:

LifeAsABox said...

Looks like fun. I also find karaoke terrifying since I cannot sing either. By the way, I believe karaoke literally means "empty orchestra."

Brein said...

Please tell me the song was "Vagina" That is my absolute favorite Bloodhound Gang song! LOL! I would die!

erin said...

No lol. It was The Bad Touch of course!

Hillary said...

That looks like a ton of fun, Mr. Robato. That's so romantic of Manny to let you order whatever you want.