Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Poriticary Correct

If you know by brother James at all, you know that he rarely says his 'l's.
I don't know why.
He just thinks it's hilarious. Or maybe hirarious.

He calls our niece Hadlee, 'Hadree'.
He named his bicycle 'Hirrary Crinton'.
He says 'prease and thank you'.

Well, sometimes crap like that rubs off on you.

As we sat in a Chinese restaurant last night, the waitress brought our tab with fortune cookies. There were two cookies in one wrapper.
To this I exclaimed "Hory Shit!"
Probably a bit too loud.
Inappropriate for the setting? Highly.

Manny shakes his head and says "You know, I used to think that maybe you were a racist, but now I know for sure."

"Are you serious?!"

"No, I'm not, I never thought you were, I always knew."

The next 10 minutes were spent trying to convince my boyfriend that I was not a racist. Hello, I AM dating a Mexican.
Wait, was that racist?

Anyway, as we made our way home in the truck, my hip-hop song of the week came on the radio and I proceeded to bust out my version of krumping.

That's when I heard "Cracker ass, don't dance."

HA! Gotcha bitch!

The moral of the story is that I am in fact not a racist. There are however, certain stereotypes that have some truth to them. Asians have a hard time with their 'l's, white girls can not krump, and well, I'm wondering where Manny keeps getting all the stereos I find in the garage....

5 comments:

LifeAsABox said...

You are familiar with the Avenue Q song "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist," right? Who knew racism could be so much fun.

Rebecca said...

OMG! That is funny shit! That last line cracked me up!!

Anonymous said...

Just like i said, now she is profiling just because there are stereos in the garage she assumed that i stole them...

Hillary said...

Erin, you are freakin' hirarious! Maybe Manny repairs stereos....did u ever think of that racist? Keep on krumpin' hot stuff!

Valerie L. Bond said...

HaHa, thanks for the laugh, Erin. That's classic