Thursday, May 27, 2010

Immediately following the post about how I should de-clutter my life, is a post about all the new shit I've acquired.....

The last month or so has been pretty awesome for DI shopping.
Here's the latest stuff I've turned from shit to super awesome :)


This cupboard was $15, I spent $8 on new hardware and used paint I already had.
TOTAL: $23




I've learned from putting all my yarn in a central location that I'm partial to wools and the orange variety.  The sweet picnic basket on the cupboard is also a DI find from last fall.




I got this dresser for $8 and spray painted the original hardware. I also used paint I already had. It now lives in the kid's room.    TOTAL $8








These chairs were $11 and I spent $10 on spray paint. I think they add a much needed lovely pop of color to the porches. And I resisted painting them green. I usually want to paint EVERYTHING green :)  TOTAL: $21


I've been wanting a hose box forever since I usually just roll it up on the ground somewhere. I was pretty excited to find this one for $10, but it was pretty scratched and beat up. So of course, out came the spray paint!  God I love spray paint. This exact box is sold at Walmart for $50.
TOTAL:  $15





Do you SEE why I can never part with ANYTHING?!  The fact that I can see potential in pretty much everything is ruining my life :)
Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.


Wait till you see the super sweet desk I bought to use as a potting table........

4 comments:

grburbank said...

Love the blue chairs. I think the fact that you see potential in things is awesome-making. And the fact that I can see carpet means that you're not at a hoarder's level of intervention-needing. yet.

Rebecca said...

I envy your ambition. Will you just find/do fun projects for me? I want to be cool like you, but without all the work.

Hillary said...

Holy shit, there's someone out there just like me! I heart spray paint, and can't get rid of anything because I just know I can make it better...or it will work at some point in time.

Hillary said...

AND the yarn closet is an sweet idea!!! I have my yarn in totes everywhere, and having it all in one place would be great!