Thursday, June 3, 2010

From now on, everytime I cry about this, I want someone to punch me in the face. Hard.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be a good friend.
What qualifies people to be friends?
How should you treat someone for them to consider you a friend?
I personally think it takes effort on both sides.

In the last year, I feel like I've done a lot of growing as a friend.
I've realized who is important to me, and who isn't.
Who takes the time to be a good friend, and who doesn't.

I'm slowly learning that life is too short to waste energy on people that don't deserve it and certainly haven't earned it.
I'm so tired of expending emotion on people that have hurt me.

I guess what I'm saying, is that I'm a badass friend,
and those of you that know, know.  


I'm going to try and stop mourning the friendship I've lost and instead feel sorry for someone that's lost mine.  It's seriously WAY PAST time I realize that if you aren't willing to fight for my friendship, you apparently weren't the friend I thought you were to begin with.

By the way that I've been sobbing like an infant STILL at pretty much the mention of your name, tells me that you DID lose someone badass that cared a lot about you.
You fucked up.

2 comments:

grburbank said...

I'm sorry, Erin. Losing dear friends is so hard.

Hillary said...

Aww, sorry babe. You are definetly a badass, and we are lucky to call you a friend.