Monday, June 21, 2010

NEW NEW NEW! Weekend filled with new things!

This weekend I:

Tried goat cheese and LOVED IT.
(Seriously, where has this been my whole life?!)

Went to my first Farmer's Market.
(Holy wow, excited to use the salad dressing I bought)




Watched my effing adorable niece tackle the stairs at lightning speeds.
(And then turn around and pose for the camera. This kid makes me melt, especially when she was crawling up the stairs with her sippy in her teeth. She had to stop for a drink break at the top with her cheerleaders :)


Tried to watch a Joss Stone concert without paying.
(We finally gave up and left because it was freezing and sitting in an alfalfa field wasn't good for James' allergies)


Had a heart attack just by LOOKING at pastries.
(Seriously people, you need to try Gourmandise if you haven't!   I think I could literally eat myself to death in there)



Was nearly licked to death.
(Do not try to wrestle a 140 lb. doggy drool machine. You will lose.  I think I still smell like dog spit.  Seriously the cutest beast ever though :) 
(Photo stolen from Dave)


Spent time with friends.
(I heart my SLC buddies and am kinda super jealous that they live in such a great town)

Whole Foods.
(Um, super cool neat thing #792 we don't have in Brigham City.....)




Quality time with my genetic BFF
(Attacking dessert at the Wild Grape)


Bargain Shopped.
(Found my favorite cami's at the GAP Outlet on clearance for $3.99.   
SO exciting!)


Not-So Bargain Shopped.
(Bought a pair of shoes. Or two)







Watched my boyfriend accomplish something amazing.
(Manny ran in the Wasatch Back RAGNAR Relay on a 12-person team from Logan to Park City (188 miles). He was so proud, and it was so cute... even though he was sleep deprived, delirious and couldn't walk.)


Made Father's Day lunch with my brother.
(Portabello and Goat Cheese Sandwiches on Ciabatta.... OMG Did I mention that I'm totally IN LOVE with goat cheese?!)


This weekend was non-stop.  I'm tired!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I had fun with you, too!!!! Love having a food buddy. ;) Can't wait for our next date.

Dave said...

The license plate on the truck says "ASS"! HA HA!

grburbank said...

Good old chevre. How have you never been to a farmer's market before? You seem to me like the kind of girl who would go every week. You need to go to Les Madeleines in SLC and try the Kouing Aman (if you haven't already), it is so good.

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

Hillary said...

First off...that dog is ADORABLE!!! Second...if I even so much as see you sucking on the goats tit at the end of the street, I will shave your arm-pits myself! P.S. Way to go Manny!