Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Christmas (read: Poor)

I made several Christmas presents this year. Now that they've all been disbursed, I can brag about how super cool and talented I am.

JElsbury.
She has a giant red flower painting in her living room, so I thought these would go in there really well.








Erica, Becky, James.
I got the idea for these here from Jessica, who is a VERY talented seamstress. Take a minute to look at all the fabulous bags she makes!  She's seriously a genius.  I thought these were a fun and funky way to make art personal.



Girls.
I got the idea for these while shopping for one for myself. It always seems like when you're on vacation, you do your hair last and then you're left with a hot flat iron that needs to be packed.  Solution: Nifty flat iron pouches that have heat resistant material inside and insulated batting.  I looked at several online before I decided, "I can make that". So I did.



I put big black buttons on them with magnetic closures, but forgot to take a finished picture.



James.
This was THE knitting undertaking of the century. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, even though it's big enough to hide a body in.




*Disclaimer: All homemade gifts include free cat hair.

2 comments:

grburbank said...

That's pretty awesome! Who could not love a homemade present with cat hair? (I know that sounds sarcastic, but I'm actually serious.)

Rebecca said...

Good god, girl! That bag is amazing! You are why I want, no, NEED to learn to knit! Love it.