Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolution Addendum.

Once upon a time, I was having a really super fabulous day. And then something happened that totally pissed me off, made me cringe and want to beat the mother lovin' tar out of someone. You know, the hot rage you get when you get warm inside and tense up and don't know whether to punch something or curse repeatedly or cry in the fetal position or get a mouth guard because you think you might shatter all your own teeth from gritting them too hard?

Addendum to the last post.
New Year's Resolution: CONTROL MY CHI.

Yeah, not so much my flat iron, but my "life force". The energy flowing through my body.  How can I be such a proponent of peace on earth when I can't even dictate peace in my own damn body?

There's just a handful of things that seem to push the "GO FIGHT WIN" button.
It super sucks when there are people that only know you from seeing that button be pushed, and not the other 97% of the time.

I think I'd compare myself to those marshmallow filled chocolate Santas. Someone who's typically jolly, yet, you totally don't want to piss them off because they'll put you on the naughty list. Hard crusty intimidating shell, gooey vulnerable marshmallow guts that, in reality, only did one thing on that hot ragey list. Cried.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like your crusty outsides just as much as your gooey innards! Mmmmm, now I'm craving chocolate.

Maybe you should try yoga??

grburbank said...

Good luck with your chi--I think we could all use more life peace. and yoga. and fewer breakdowns.

Loved your letter to 2011 and/or Jesus.