Monday, November 9, 2009

Home on the range



Yesterday we made the thirty minute pilgrimage to heaven on earth. And we took hot dogs.

We took the kids out to my family's property in Corinne to run amok in the wide open spaces.


They had fun running and hiding in the Brayden-tall grasses, exploring around the pond and finding dead stuff. I had fun simply being in the middle of nowhere enjoying the quiet and gorgeous surroundings. Fall is the perfect time to be out there- it's not too wet like Spring, and there aren't mosquitos big enough to carry you away like in Summer.


It was warm enough to cook hot dogs outside so we had one last outdoor cookout for the year.


We took a four-wheeler ride to the pond where I spent most of my time taking pictures. I was using my old camera since my new one met an unfortunate demise.

We won't get in to exactly how it died, just let it be known that I'm not responsible enough to own a camera, and this is the second one that has been fried via water in a 6 month period.




Going back to the cabin, I realized that my camera had jumped from my hoodie pocket somewhere along the way. Like I said, completely irresponsible.
We drove back to find it sitting upright on the salt flat. I didn't move it, but turned it on and took a picture. This is fate's vision. Pretty damn neat, I say.


Check out the rest of my super rad pics here

3 comments:

LifeAsABox said...

Beautiful photos! And if Heaven doesn't have hot dogs, I don't want to go there.

erin said...

Meeeee either!

* said...

Nice dude. These pictures are awesome. You're one irresponsible, yet talented bitch! Which is exactly why you're going to do my dirty, grungy, hawt family pictures.

Don't worry folks, She'll soooo post them here. :)