Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Please excuse my EMO moment....

Hello blog, it's been awhile.

I am quite melancholy today, and have been intermittently for a while now.
In an effort to finish this chapter of my life entitled nuclear fallout, and move on, I attempt to scribble my thoughts.

There are so many things I can think to blog about, yet can't.
So many things I could say, and at the same time, don't really want to.

When was the exact moment I turned into a pussy?
Unsure.

Is it because I don't want to unleash the Pandora's jar that's rattling around in my nugget? Perhaps.

Is it because I can't even put certain emotions into words? We'll blame it on that.

Why are you being such a cryptic creep? How 'bout we get on with the blog, smartass.


This is what I've come up with.

On the road of life, you collect things on your journeys.
You collect people, places, things. You collect experiences and knowledge.
Some of these bring you happiness and contentment.
Others bring heartbreak and sorrow.
Do you hold on to the happy ones and let go of the sad ones?
No. They all stay with you.
Do good times have a higher value than hard ones?
No. They all culminate and bring forth the current version of you.

I have a special place in my home where I keep material things that are precious to me.
I have a similar place in my heart where I keep people that are precious to me.

The place in my heart where the people are stored has been robbed.
I will not receive a restitution for my loss, nor will things ever be the same.

The only thing I can do at this point is install a security system so that this can't happen again.

I will continue down my road, and be slightly more cautious of the people I put in my heart.

5 comments:

Rebecca Hansen said...

Wow. I don't know what you're talking about, but that is depressingly beautiful. Just don't close your heart up too much. ;)

Dave said...

I think a quote from somebody else expresses my feelings perfectly.

This just broke my heart :(
You're a good egg.

-ernl, 03/13/2009

Brein said...

You know that old adage...

"It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all."

Easier said than done! But once it stops hurting so much you realize that no one can ever take away your memories. That person can stay just as they are - perfectly crystalized in your memory.

The only true thing that will ever help is time. :(

Love you babe and that person in your memory does too. I promise.

LifeAsABox said...

I will have to agree with everything your friends have said. We love you, Erin.

erin said...

Thanks guys :/