Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crawfish Boil

Earlier this year, my friends Amy and Curtis had a crawfish boil.
It was super awesome, and I decided that I'd totally copy them and put one on myself.
I had everything under control, except the teeny tiny part where I didn't have any idea what the hell I was doing. I mean, I watched Curtis pretty carefully when he was cooking, but severely underestimated the amount of work this kind of party entailed.
After finding out that Manny had to work till 10pm on the night of the boil, I was pretty upset, since I planned on getting everything ready and having him do the actual cooking. Luckily, Curtis makes an excellent loaner boyfriend and iron chef crawfish boiler. He totally came to my rescue and helped out immensely.


By the end of the night, I was boiling by myself and hopefully proved my proficiency.
I think everyone had a great time and I look forward to having more of these in the future :)


Crawfish, shrimp, corn, potatoes & sausage... mmmmmm

"Yeah, you snap him riiiiiight HERE" lol

Rebecca, Curtis, Breanne, Curtis, Laura, Ned, Melanie, Erica, Me





Breanne wasn't scared to get her nails dirty


B-Dawg (Hushpuppy Fryer Extraordinaire) Erica & Me

Pretty Girl :) 

Team Work


Once she got the hang of it, she had to help everyone else out.

Love this picture.  Pops and Mama Archibald.

Om nom nom.

Erica, Carl Crawfish & Brad.

Rebecca & Mat & My crazy messy garage.

Ahhhh Siblings.

Dave (against his will) and Erica

Sheila and Jilly Bean



Quayle Tail and Hirschi. Apparently there was a tongue theme? 

Casey and his Sissy in law

Curtis (super badass lifesaver) & Amy (also super badass)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's. About. TIME! I'm ready for another one. It was delish!! And thanks for not mentioning how I ruined the hush puppies... Love ya!