Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another completely unproductive yet awesome Wednesday.


Yesterday I had big plans of going to work, much like I do every Wednesday.
Wednesdays are hard.  I don't have much to do at work, so I'm easily persuaded to do other things.
I had to take Brayden to school, so I was up super early.  Instead of taking advantage of this and going to work, I caught up on smut in my DVR.
Sidenote: I'm pretty sure I can't watch the last season of the Hills.  Heidi Montag's new plastic robot face scares the holy shit out of me, yet it's like a car wreck I can't look away from.   It's terrifying and intriguing all in one. Especially when she cries. Holy balls. Imagine your kid's plastic Bratz doll trying to cry.  That shit just doesn't work out. The only way you can make a plastic doll look like it has emotion is to hold a match to it, which is pretty much what Miss Montag looks like.
Anyways.  I watched several hours of garbage television that somehow makes me feel better about my life, and then got the brilliant idea to plant seeds I'd bought the week before.




Since Utah totally blows and it can never decide what season it's supposed to be in, we can't plant outside until the middle of May.

Therefore,  I started my seeds in these newspaper pots I made.  I got the great idea for these from Lori.

Hopefully they germinate.  I've got my grow light on them and am hoping the feds don't get suspicious.


The rest of the day was spent dicking around not being very productive.

We went to Jelba's for dinner.  I love Jelba's. We usually go on days when it isn't very busy, and they only have one side open.  Last night was busy for some reason and there wasn't a table big enough for all of us, so they told us we could go to the other side.

We'd heard they do karaoke over there, and had more pool tables, but none of us had ever actually been over to the mysterious and magical "other side".

Whoa.  Minds officially blown.
Although it doesn't really take much.

They had a fireplace, patio with horse shoes and a snooker table on the other side. Whoa.  Not to mention we pretty much had it all to ourselves.

The rest of the night was spent eating awesome bar food and watching the boys play golf on the snooker table with their new hillbilly friends.

Downside to the other side of Jelba's?  The totally weird girl's bathroom that has two toilets in a little closet.  OH, and a crazy bitch stranger that insisted on holding the door for us, which she kept opening.....

No comments: