Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Please leave a message at the beep, ern is screwing off until further notice.

I have officially run myself into the ground.
I've piled so much stuff on my plate. Stuff that I wanted to do, but was so stressed out and overworked by the time it arrived that it wasn't a good time.
I feel like crap, I look like crap.

Saturday was our second Earth Fest, and it was awful.  I think it was a combination of a really great, warm Saturday and Spring Break, which we totally forgot about.
We thought that since we tried it on a Thursday last year, we'd go for a Saturday this year and see if we could get more people. Yeah. The answer was no.  It was so much work getting ready for it, and didn't draw nearly enough interest. Sad.
Why do you people hate Mother Earth, eh? WHY.

Immediately after Earth Fest, we headed to Wendover for Manny's mom's birthday. This was also a failure.  We had the girls with us, so my master plan was pretty much to just take them to the swimming pool and relax the rest of the day. That would have worked out great if the damn pool had been OPEN.   Shit.  What do you do with two tween girls in Wendover with no pool? Pretty much nothing.

I did have a conversation with Alex about gambling that went something like this:
Alex:  "Gambling is evil!"
Me:     "It's not evil.... it's just.... stupid."
Alex:  "Well it's evil to me."
           "Wow, those lights are pretty cool!"
Me:     "You do know what pays for those lights, right?"
Alex:   "No."
Me:     "Yeah, that'd be gambling....  So are the lights evil?"
Alex:   "No!"
Me:      "Well you can't really have it both ways.... see where I'm going with this?"
Alex:   "......Yeah....."


I'll brainwash those kids into being open-minded, unjudgey members of society if it kills me.

We woke up hella early to get back to the BC for a memorial for Manny's cousin. I spend the rest of the day sleeping and going to dinner for Aaron's birthday.
I decided that the rest of the week was going to be spend doing lazy stuff that I wanted to do.
So far today has consisted of walking a couple miles, exfoliating,  Diet Dr. Pepper, having highly derogatory conversations with my sister and laughing my ASS OFF at these little gems:  Behold, the LOL CAT.



I don't really know these came about, but the idea is that people take stupid pictures of their kittehs and put stupid captions on them spelled wrong. And it is hilarious.  Maybe you have to have cats? Or be mildly retarded? I don't know.  My stomach and face hurt though after looking at all these, so I thought I'd share.

Anyway, my week looks a lot more promising. Until I remember that I have a Community Garden that I need to get ready for planting. Shit.

I r goez to happeh place now plz.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hahahahaha!!! I LOVE LOLCats! Just try to be in a bad mood while looking at them. Impossible. Hope your life calms down soon. Then maybe we can hang out again! :)

grburbank said...

In the immortal words of our greatest Canadian poet, Alanis Morissette: "Life has a funny, funny way..."

Have fun with your down time and that whole community garden thing.

By the by, have you seen Kittens Inspired by Kittens! ? YouTube it.