Monday, April 12, 2010

Apparently, while I was on the couch knitting, completely unaware, I obtained a life.

Life has been completely INSANE lately.
If Dolly the cloned sheep would have turned out a little better, I'd possibly consider investing in an ernclone, but really... something just didn't look right with that sheep.

Quick recap:

Last weekend I was in Las Vegas (blog coming soon). The week prior to this trip consisted of me busting my ass trying to get everything done to go.

This weekend was filled with a signing event for my Dad's book ZOOMER.  (Click here for shameless plug)
It was a lot of work getting everything ready for it but it turned out wonderfully and I couldn't be more proud of my Dad. 
Seriously- He has a published BOOK.  So rad.

Next weekend is our second Earth Fest, which I'll be working like mad to get ready for all week, then it's off to Wendover.

I somehow managed to find time to hang out with the besties Sunday night.  We grilled salmon, had an impromptu evening game of wiffle ball (where I learned that batting is my hidden calling in life. Who knew? I also learned that paying extra for Wiffle brand balls is probably worth it since we obliterated half the cheapo ones I bought....)  and listened to Aaron show off his recently acquired electric guitar skills. The kid's a badass.
Somehow his cord accidentally made its way into the socket of Manny's karaoke speakers in the garage, so the whole neighborhood also got to hear how good Aaron's gotten at 10-second 80's-band guitar riffs. 
Free Sunday concert, HELLO neighbors!

It's nights like this that make me remember why I love my friends.  A select few doing what they do best.  Being total jackasses.  And loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What's Earth Fest? Is that in BC? I'm intrigued.

grburbank said...

Hanging out with the besties is what makes life worth it. And if, sometime in my life, I need a pinch hitter, I'm calling on you.

Can't wait to hear about Vegas (especially any tales of inappropriateness!).