Friday, September 11, 2009

A Great Surprise!

Yesterday was a bad day. Things just weren't going right, and then my mom called to tell me that my grandma had fallen down and broken her hip. My own issues now compounded with this news was enough to cause a minor meltdown.
I was just about to leave work when Manuel called and said that my uncle Tod had brought a surprise for me and that I should hurry home.
Scootie only goes 35 mph, so that was a difficult task ;)

When I got home I found this on the lawn waiting for me!



Tod made this for me! I was so excited that it made me temporarily forget about all the bad stuff of the day.
It's the PERFECT size and is soooo comfortable. He even made cup holders! How many adirondaks do you know of with cup holders? I even love the sappy little heart he cut out in the middle :)
Then Manny told me that Tod had said that my Grandpa had wanted to make one for me and didn't have the chance. So much for the temporary intermission of waterworks!
I miss my Grandpa a lot, and this will surely remind me of all his talented wood crafting. It's hard to see my Grandma having health problems only two years after he died.

I have a feeling she'll be ok though, when I went to see her in the hospital last night she was "shitting and damning" like her usual self. The currency of swear words is usually a pretty good barometer of her wellbeing.

Thank you Tod for making such a thoughtful gift.
Hope you get better soon Grandma, you cranky old broad. :)

1 comment:

Hillary said...

What a nice Uncle!! That's an awesome bench. Hope that your grandma is doing well.