Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peach Days 10K

Pre-Race
Dani, Brown, James, Manny


Friday night of Peach Days my house was overrun with crazy people. The first reason I say they were crazy is they were preparing to run a 10K the next day, and I can't even fathom that... the second reason is all the weird stuff they had to do to prepare.
They all had little weird quirky things that were part of their pre-race ritual. I loved having them all spend the night though!
The reason I say I can't even fathom running 6 miles is because I can't even run a block without feeling like my chest is about to explode. It's the way I've always been.
Guy had registered to run the race but wasn't feeling good so Brown ran in his place, which is pretty funny since Brown came in 4th place in his age division, and all the paperwork says it was Guy :)
Who knew Guy would be the fastest without ever putting running shoes on?







Post-Race: This picture PROVES they're all nuts
James: 55:36 Dani: 55:35 Brown: 45:05 Manny: 59:48



~Our thoughts go out to the Miles family who suffer the
devastating loss of their son & brother, Ian, during the race~

2 comments:

Brein said...

I love what it says on their legs! Woo-hoo! I totally agree, they're nuts. I'm with you on the whole lungs exploding thing. I hit that runners wall after about 1/2 a block. :) Great job guys, your awesome!

And yes, so sad for the Miles family, such a tragic loss.

Hillary said...

Way to go for them! How sad about Jaclyn's brother. I can't even imagine getting that news.