Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

This weekend has been a pretty sore subject for quite a while, since we'd had a trip to Fish Lake planned that I decided wasn't worth going on.
I look forward to spending time with my merry band of misfits, especially when it's doing something out of the ordinary, like a cheap vacation, so it's really sad when circumstances prevent that.

We needed to find something fun to do for Manny's birthday weekend, so we grabbed my brother and decided to go to Bloomington camping.

On the way up, we had the brilliant idea to scare the living shit out of James. This was accomplished by slamming on the brakes and screaming while James was asleep in the back seat of the truck :)





We ate at Hometown Drive Inn in Garden City, and then went on a hunt for a great campsite.
We eventually found one by a creek that was absolutely gorgeous, and James kept raving that it needed to be in a tent catalog.



See more photos here

On Sunday we hiked to Bloomington lake where the boys took advantage of the rope swing.



There was only one close-call involving the water, that was when Manny threatened to push James in the lake if he didn't quit singing the Beyonce song chorus "You must not know 'bout me, you must not know 'bout me" over and OVER again. Not only was him singing this annoying enough, but he was singing it with a country twang....
Lucky for James, Manny showed him mercy and did not throw him in, even though he probably should have.
Watching those two tease each other constantly is pretty hilarious.

After getting back to the truck, we made sandwiches for lunch and headed home to get ready for Manny's birthday dinner!

2 comments:

Brein said...

Looks like you had a blast! I wish I could have come and played with you! I want to say so much more, but alas I can not. Hopefully things will work out for the best. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the original Labor Day post. You shouldn't have changed it.