Thursday, September 10, 2009

Peaches & Carnies

Ahhhhhh September. How I love you.
September is the beginning of fall, my ultimate favorite season.
Crisp air, sweaters, turning leaves, soup, knitting....
and my favorite holiday, Halloween.

I count down the days until I can unleash my ridiculously large pumpkin collection from its sleepy existence in the cellar to usurp the entire house.
Knitting pumpkins is probably one of my favorite things, and it sure does show in the amount I've collected over the years.
I'm always on a hunt for great orange yarn!

September also holds Brigham City's glory, Peach Days.
I love Peach Days. I always have.
When I start thinking about exactly WHY I love this holiday.... I can't ever seem to put it into words. Everyone just seems so excited!

There is this feeling of anticipation and happiness downtown that only happens once a year. There is also pie.

Could I like a holiday based solely on the fact that it has amazing pie? Absolutely.
I'm fickle that way.



This fine specimen originates from Maddox. And oh lord. It's excellent.
If you haven't tried it yet, you really need to. It makes me so excited, which goes right along with the general feel of Peach Days :)

3 comments:

LifeAsABox said...

P.S. I meant fall is my favorite season, not holiday.

LifeAsABox said...

Fall is my favorite holiday too. I remember going to Peach Days when I was young, but I haven't gone now for many years. Eat some pie for me--the one from Maddox looks glorious--and I'm planning on making my own this weekend. Hooray for fall, peaches, and pie!

By the way, I'd love to see your collection of knitted pumpkins.

erin said...

I will definitely take a picture of my yarn pumpkin patch when they make their great escape ;)