Friday, September 18, 2009

Vagina Monologues, Bank Robbery, Dinosaurs, Knitting

Yesterday was a very odd, yet extremely fun day.

Sister and I both needed to have follow-ups at the 'lady doctor' for different reasons, so why not go together? We do happen to go to the same guy.

I'd put mine off WAY too long, so I told Erica that when she made her appointment, she should just make one for me too since she's my pro bono secretary.

So of course our doctor is running behind as usual. They say "he had a delivery" like it's supposed to make us feel better. Somehow the miracle of life doesn't sound as glorious when you're stuck waiting for hours.

They're just lucky that they have an amazing waiting room.

I sit down while Erica checks in, and see her sister-in-law. Odd.
As if it couldn't get weirder, our other friend who just had a baby walks in.
Double Odd.

I'm sure everyone in there thought we were nuts going in a group, but it really wasn't planned.
Waiting for something so uncomfortable is sure a helluva lot better when you're waiting for the same thing with 3 other people though!

We're thinking about making it a tradition ;)

Next stop on our journey was lunch, then we got balloons for Sheila's birthday.
We took them to her at work.
Long story short, Sheila popped one of them by letting it touch the ceiling.
Want to make people in a bank nervous? Pop a balloon.


After that we were on a mission to get yarn and accessories to knit obnoxious headbands. We got distracted by a parkinglot with giant bronze yard animals.... specifically the dinosaurs...
Erica does an excellent Raptor impression, so this photo was a must.


We found some great stuff for our craft project, and Erica did her job to help the economy by creating a job at Hobby Lobby. Someone is going to have to be hired full time to put away all the stuff she carried around to "decide on" and then put back in wrong places. She's such an a-hole.


I almost got my first headband done, but it was thwarted when my fat kid, Sambones decided to commandeer my yarn and needles.


All in all, it was a delightfully strange girl's day out.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I'm pretty excited to see these obnoxious headbands. You better be wearing them in the pictures, not just putting them on the table. I want serious modeling. I could shop for yarn any day, all day, it's disgusting. What the hell about the mohawk...I wouldn't freakin' shave it off. I'd tell the teacher to buck up, and to keep her purse with her at all times if she's worried about it.

Ummmm the crotch dr. party. That is way bizarre. I guess it would be weirder to go with a mom and grandma though. How is your grandma by the way?