Thursday, September 24, 2009

Harvest Overload


Here are two seasons of knitted pumpkins, as requested by Greg.
If I knit until I'm taken over by blindness, arthritis or senility, I figure I've got a maximum of 20 years of knitting left
(since I'm already working on all three of these....)

x 4 pumpkins per year = I'll probably die by drowning in pumpkins, or my house will catch on fire and smolder for days with the high content of synthetic materials it contains.

The second photo is the entire pumpkin collection that gets dispersed about the house.
There's even the amalgamate of both my loves: A pumpkin headed cat.

I love finding weird and different specimens, not just buying any pumpkin I see.

The best thing about them as a seasonal decoration is they get twice the exhibition of normal decor- Halloween AND Thanksgiving! WOOT!

Maybe it's weird, but I just really like pumpkins... hello, my living room is even orange, people.

7 comments:

lifeinutah said...

Good holy geez, sister. You have a problem. And I kinda want some now! So cute.

erin said...

Ha Ha! I'm sure you'd be able to crochet some! You basically just make a beanie and sew up the bottom!

LifeAsABox said...

Sweet. LOVE the pumpkins! They are excellent for both Halloween and Thanksgiving as well as fall & harvest in general. And I hope that you have more than 20 years left of good (knitting) health.

Hillary said...

I can see the story on the news now. Senile old woman burns to death in her house. The cause of the fire? Knitted pumpkins. There was simply just not enough room for all her pumpkins, and in the hot weather and friction...well you get the point. I bet if you took the quiz on fb to get your death estimate it would tell you what I just told you. I love the pumpkins anyway. They are awesome!

erin said...

Hillary.
I feel sort of upset that we weren't better friends when you were in Utah.
Your comments freakin' crack me up!
I now dub you my Wyoming BFF.

Hillary said...

BFF's it is! You crack me up the same. Now can we get back to selling bags of dog shit? I mean really...there's something there. First person to get a gift? Judy...

erin said...

Seriously..... what was up with that? lol
Sounds like a plan!